您是在教我如何保持耐心吗约瑟夫爵士?
Trying to teach me a lesson in patience Sir Joseph?
策略对于考古学来说意味着一切我的孩子
Method is everything in archeology my boy.
我们总是有条不紊的处理我们的新发现
We always deal with our finds at the day in order.
好吧在我看来我们今天同那边那位非常奇特的绅士
Well it seems to me that that box we dug up today
一道挖上来的那个盒子
with the very peculiar gentleman over there
就是我们这两个月以来的所有发现了
is the only find we've made in the past two months
这说不定会给我们探险队赢得一枚大英博物馆的奖章呢
that'll bring this expedition any medals from the British Museum
我们来埃及进行考古挖掘不是为了奖章
We didn't come to dig in Egypt for medals,
学会从少量的陶器碎片学到更多知识
Much more is learned from studying bits of broken pottery
比有了所谓轰动的新发现更重要
than from all the sensational finds.
我们的工作是为了增加人类对于过去时代的知识
Our job is to increase the sum of human knowledge of the past
而不是仅仅为了取悦我们的好奇心
not to satisfy our own curiosity.
说的太对了约瑟夫爵士但毕竟我们只是个人
That's all very true Sir Joseph but after all we're human.
一个像这样的新发现呃您怎么坐得住呢?!
And a find like this Well how can you wait?
你只是头一回到这里罢了. 我在这里呆了10年了
This is your first trip I've been out here 10 years
比起你而言我对木乃伊本身更加好奇
and I'm more curious about that mummy than you are
而不是那个盒子
and even more about that box.
温柏!嗯?
Whemple Yes?
他的脏腑没有被移除
The viscera were not removed.
他身上没有入殓师的刀所造成的切口
The usual scar made by the embalmer's knife is not there.
真让我猜中了穆勒
I guessed as much Muller.
当我给他拍照的时就对他有个直观的察看
I had a good look at him when I photograghed him.
我从没看过像他这样的木乃伊
Never saw a mummy like that.
我想也没有人看过吧
Neither I imagine has anyone else.
看起来他死于某种不太令人愉快的可怕的方式
Looks as though he died in some sensationally unpleasant manner.
他扭曲的肌肉显示了他被绑进绷带以后仍然在挣扎
The contorted muscles show that he struggled in the bandages
他是被活埋的
Buried alive.
“伊姆霍特普
"lmhotep
卡纳克太阳神庙的大祭司”
High Priest of the Temple of the Sun at Karnak.
可怜的老家伙
Poor old fellow.
好吧你到底做了什么导致他们要这样对你?!
Now what could you have done to make them treat you like that
我觉得应该是叛国而被处以极刑吧
An execution for treason I suppose.
我认为应该是偷盗圣物。看!
Sacrilege more likely. Look.
保护死者之灵魂安全到达冥界的神圣法术
The sacred spells which protect the soul in its journey to the underworld
已经从棺木上被抹掉了
have been chipped off of the coffin.
在冥界同样如此!
So Imhotep was sentenced to death not only in this world but in the next.
他可能和神庙里的修女勾搭上了吧
Maybe he got too gay with the vestal virgins in the temple.
有可能
Possibly.
卡纳克神庙里的神职人员们
The priestesses of the Temple of Karnak
都是当时在位的法老的女儿
were the daughters of the reigning pharaohs.
她们是伊西斯(古埃及的丰饶女神)的女祭司
They were the sacred virgins of Isis.
丁能我们发现的一同与他埋葬的那个盒子就能帮我们找到答
Maybe the answer's in that box we found buried with him.
我看只有打开那个盒子你们才有更多结论了
I see I shall get no more work out of you until after it's open.
来吧把盒子移到这里来
Come on. Let's have the box up there,
这木头都快被腐蚀殆尽了仿佛一碰它就会碎裂
The wood's so rotten it'll fall apart at a touch.
这里面装着什么!好重啊!
Whatever it is it's terribly heavy.
箱子是金属的看上去像是铜质的
Metal. Looks like copper.
这是黄金的
It's gold.
快看这里!
I sayl Look here.
法老阿梅诺菲斯完整的封印!
The unbroken seals of the Pharaoh Amenophis.
可能是神庙中的一些财宝
Some temple treasure.
“死亡永恒之惩罚将会降临到
"Death eternal punishment
任何一个
for anyone
打开这个小盒之人
who opens this casket
以宇宙的主宰
in the name of Amon- Ra
阿蒙·拉之名”
the King of the Gods
我的天啊!好可怕的诅咒!
Good heavensl What a terrible cursel
好吧让我们来看看里面有什么东西,等等旧
Well let's see what's inside. Waitl
你应该看到了那个诅咒!
You have read the curse.
我们都知道你在神秘学方面的权威穆勒
We recognize your mastery of the occult sciences Muller
但我不能允许你的信仰干扰我的工作
but I can't permit your beliefs to interfere with my work.
那你为什么今天下午派人去叫我?
Then why did you send for me this afternoon?
因为我把你当做我的朋友同时你也是这方面的专家
As a friend and an expert
我觉得这个发现太令人震惊了我很需要你对它的意见
Because I saw this find was unique and I wanted your opinion on it.
幸好你这么做了!
It is providential that you did.
得了吧穆勒博士埋在土里的几千年间
Come Dr. Muller. Surely a few thoudsand years in the earth
估计早就把这古老的诅咒上附着的神秘力量消耗完了吧
would take the mumbo- jumbo off any old curse.
我不想在一个孩子面前说
I cannot speak before a boy.
我们到外面详谈
Come out under the stars of Egypt.
不要碰那个小箱子
Do not touch that casket.
继续你的日志记录我们过些时候再打开它
Go on with your cataloging. We'll open it later.
你别认为你能说服我不去调查这个
You needn't think you can persuade me not to examine
我整个考古生涯中最不可思议的发现
the most wonderful find of my whole experience out here.
如果你关于传说的叙述是正确的
If you're right about the legend
那么这个小箱子中可能含有
then this casket may contain the Scroll of Thoth
从神庙的至圣所中取走的透特(古埃及月神)的卷轴!
from the holy of holies in the temple.
我已经迫不及待想要回去找出它了!
And I can hardly wait to get back to find out.
古埃及众神仍然生活在这些小山丘中在他们破败的神庙里
The gods of Egypt still live in these hills in their ruined temples.
古老的咒语确实效力减弱了但是他们中有一些仍然有效
The ancient spells are weaker but some of them are still potent
而且我认为你的小屋中那张透特的卷轴
and I believe that you have in your hut the Scroll at Thoth itself
上面记载着伊西斯使得奥西里斯(古埃及司阴府之神)
which contains the great spell by which
复活所使用的强大咒语
Isis raised Osiris from the dead.
把卷轴放回小箱子里。在你找到它的地方把它烧了
Put it back. Bury it where you found it.
你也看到了那个诅咒。你敢对抗它吗?
You have read the curse. You dare defy it?
就我对科学的兴趣而言就算我相信那个诅咒的存在
In the interest of science even if I believed in the curse
我也会为了博物馆的藏品数量增加而继续工作
I'd go on with my work for the museum.
跟我回去让我们一起来调查这个惊人的发现
Come back with me and we'll examine this great find together.
我不能容忍♥任何在我面前发生的亵渎神灵的行为
I cannot condone an act of sacrilege with my presence.
出什么事了?看在上帝的份上到底发生什么事了!
What's the matter man? For heaven's sake what is it?
他灬他还走了几小步!
He...He went for a little walk.
你真该看看他的脸!
You should have seen his face.
我们有事干了
Here's something to break the monotony.
那边有个从尼罗河旁的小道来的访客
There's a visitor coming up the trail from the Nile.
什么人种?他是哪里人?
Cplor? Nationality?
阳光那么刺眼我怎么可能分辨得出来?!
How could I see in that glare?
好吧温柏收拾一下我们回伦敦去
Well Whemple back we go to London,
我们就像傻子一样!
And what fools we look,
白花花的银两扔出去
Money wasted.
我们在这个该死的沙漠打下一个又一个的洞
Hole after hole dug in this blasted desert
而挖到的只是一些念珠还有一些破碎的坛坛罐罐
A few beads a few broken pots,
想要有所斩获一个人需要的不仅仅是努力工作
A man needs more than hard work for this game.
他需要天赋,而就像你♥爸♥爸一样他还需要运气
He needs flair. He needs luck like your father.
当过去他来到这里的时候还没有那么多竞争呢
In the days when he used to come out here there wasn't so much competition.
他一来就有了新发现
When he did he found things
有一次就在10年前他就发现了好多东西
And once 10 years ago he found too much.
你说的是十年前?
Was it 10 years ago?
我倒是想起一个古怪的故事
Queer story that young Oxford
一个随同他来的牛津毕业的年轻小伙子疯了
chap he had with him going mad,
你知道我在想什么吗? 不知道你在想什么?
You know what I think it was? No, What?
我觉得他疯掉的原因应该是因为这里实在太无聊了
I think he went crazy bored beyond human endurance
还要天天面对着这些沙砾和岩石
messing around in this sand and these rocks,
当你♥爸♥爸发现他的时候他正在狂笑
He was laughing when your father found him.
他穿着紧身衣大笑着死去了
He died laughing in a strajtjacket.
你父亲从来没解释过这件事
Your father never explafned.
当英国开始大肆挖掘古埃及文物时
But when the best excavator England has turned out
却说他永远不会再回来了
a man who loved Egypt said he'd never come back here
这恐怕暗示了一些东西
that meant something.
请进
PEARSON: Come in.
皮尔森教授您把您的营地收拾起来了?
You break your season's camp Professor Pearson?
您的同事都回到伦敦了?
Your colleagues have returned to London?
是的。温柏和我留下来做最后的清理工作
Yes. Whemple and I stayed behind to clear up.
Your expedition has not been a success. 您的考察并不太成功啊
几乎没有。这些是这季的发现
Scarcely. Here are the season's finds.
请允许我向您展示继图坦卡蒙之后最令人震撼的发现
Permit me to present you with the most sensational find since that of Tutankhamen.
这对你来说很冒险啊。我能问问为什么吗?
This is very sporting of you. May I ask why?
我们埃及人不允许去挖掘我们自己死去的祖先
We Egyptians are not permitted to dig up our ancient dead.
只有别国博物馆才敢这样做
Only foreign museums.
好吧这是什么?
Well what's this?
这是阿克苏娜公主的陪葬品的一部分
Part of the funerary equipment of the Princess Anck- es- en Amon
她是伟大的阿梅诺菲斯的女儿
daughter of Amenophis the Magnificent
是的上面刻着她的名字