你送的迷你禅宗花♥园♥我玩得很开心
...and I've been having a lot of fun with the little Zen garden you sent.
很奇怪
It-- It's weird.
我从没想过回去耙沙子
I never would have thought to rake sand,
但是每天早晨我都会去拿耙子
but every morning I'm reaching for that rake,
下意识地,耙出一排又一排
just out of instinct, making my neat little rows.
不管了宝,我只是想说
Anyway, boo, I just wanted to say
抱到我
之前
抱这个
枕头
我觉得我终于对这里有了感觉
I think I'm finally getting a feel for things up here.
你也都知道,开始的几个月很有挑战
It's been a challenging few months, as you're all too aware.
不能指望一夜之间就适应一份新工作
Y-You just can't expect to settle into a new job overnight,
但我...觉得我已经突破了瓶颈
but I-- I feel like I've finally crossed a threshold.
就像...前往火星的单程旅行是很可怕
It's like, it's scary taking a one-way trip to Mars.
我是说...我们谈论过一万遍了
I-- I mean, we talked about it a million times.
但是我做了一个决定
But I made a commitment.
然后我现在就在这
And here I am.
并且我感觉良好
And I actually feel pretty great about it.
万事俱备了
I got all the building blocks,
剩下的只要做好事情就可以
and now it's just a matter of doing the work.
你明白的,我有你
You know, I got you.
我有这份工作
I got my job.
并且我感觉很好
And I feel good.
我真的,真的感觉很良好
I feel really, really good.
他们有一群矿物嗅探机器狗
They had a pack of mineral-sniffing robotic dogs.
一位音乐总监
A music director.
一个咸水泳池
A saltwater pool.
一台涡轮增压沙漠摩托
A turbocharged sand ski.
一个小宝宝
A baby.
他们甚至付钱让一个人负责睡觉
They even paid a guy to sleep.
泰德 他睡觉就可以拿钱
Ted. He got paid to sleep.
就是这样
That's it.
但是显然他们不需要
But apparently they didn't have a need
精心设计的新闻刊
for thoughtfully designed newsletters,
吸睛的logo
eye-catching logos,
杰夫·库珀
平面设计
杰夫的能量歌♥单
以及让你期待每一天的日历
calendars that made you look forward to each day.
更不用说优雅的新标志
Not to mention elegant new signage.
♪ 在沙漠炎炎阳光下 ♪
♪ In the desert sun ♪
♪ 每走一步都可能是最后一步 ♪
♪ Every step that you takecould be the final one ♪
嘿!找你有点事,有时间吗?
♪在燃烧的炙热中 ♪
♪ In the burning heat ♪
终于见到你真是太棒了,杰夫
Awesome to finally meet you, Jeff.
我想先感谢你这几个月来
I want to start by thanking you for seven months
真正牛逼的工作
of truly kick-ass work,
比如你为通讯部门制♥作♥的这个架构图
like this org chart you made for the Comms department.
看看它,太拽了
Look at this thing, it's gangsta.
但这也是我们今天喊你来的原因
But it's also why we brought you in this morning.
不客气,愿意效劳
Sure, whatever you guys need.
我还保存着原始文件
I've still got the original files,
我可以随时-- 不,杰夫
I'm more than happy to-- No, Jeff.
实际上我们在对组织架构进行调整
We're actually making a few tweaks to the structure.
杰夫·库珀
平面设计师
我不确定我听明白了
I'm not sure I understand.
我们要暂停你的工作
We're putting your job on hold.
但是-- 呃,就是我
But-- Uh, heh, okay. It's just I--
我走了3亿多公里,你们怎么能
I traveled over 200 million miles, so how can you--
我是说
Well, I mean--
问题在于,我放弃了整个人生
The thing is, I left my entire life behind
才能在火星上当一个平面设计师
so I could be a graphic designer on Mars.
嗯...嗯...
Mmmm... hm.
是这样 地球上会计师们
Yeah, the bean counters back on Earth don't get
为什么这儿会有一个平面设计师
why there's a graphic designer up here.
听着,我知道他们的意思
And look, I do understand where they're coming from.
好吧,哈,就是
Well, ha, I-- It just--
看起来这些事情应该在
It seems like maybe this could've been sorted out
送我来火星之前就安排好
sending me to Mars.
我的意思是,你懂的,现在我要做什么?
I mean, y'know, what am I supposed to do now?
这你就需要相信流程了,兄弟
We're gonna need you to trust the process on this one, bud.
没错
That's right.
你在我们讨论好前先待命
Just hold tight while we figure out next steps.
每个挫折都是伪装的机会
Every setback is an opportunity in disguise.
这是约翰·亚当斯说的,我倾向于相信这句话
John Adams said that, and I tend to believe it.
并且,我没有被炒,只是停职了
Also, I wasn't fired, I was on hold.
并且当我想想我这几个月
And when I think about everything I'd accomplished
所有的成就时
over the past few months,
我对这个殖民地的价值是无可否认的
my value to this colony was undeniable.
我做出了职业生涯最佳的平面设计
I was doing the best graphic design of my career.
♪ 现在你将发射烈焰子弹 ♪
♪ So now you're gonna shoot bullets of fire ♪
我充满激♥情♥的生活
I was living my passion.
更重要的是,我是某种大事情一部分
And more importantly, I was part of something bigger.
我们每个人来这里都是有原因的
Every last one of us up here for a reason.
星际旅行中的越野先锋
The rugged pioneers of interstellar travel.
从尘土开始建设这个殖民地的工程师
The engineers who built this colony from the dust up.
网红重生成为文明新篇章
The influencers re-born as ambassadors
的形象大使
for this new chapter of civilization.
地质学家,植物学家,AI创新家
The geologists, botanists, AI innovators,
生物科技创始人
biotech trailblazers.
每个人都有自己的目标
Everyone had a purpose.
对我来说,就是平面设计
Mine was graphic design,
没有人能从我这里夺走它
and nobody could ever take that away from me.
古老亚利桑那之夜Logo概念设计?
Logo 概念 设计
看起来很不错啊
Looking pretty good.
谢谢,杰夫
Thanks, Jeff.
我就是来说一声,呃
Just wanted to let you guys know that, uh--
我想你们大概可能已经听说了
And I'm sure you might have perhaps already heard
我现在严格意义并不是团队的一员
that I'm not officially part of the team at the moment,
然后,呃,我
and, uh, I--
那是事实,但我仍然是“开门营业”的
That's true, but I am still "open for business."
所以,我只是想申明
So, I just wanted to make clear to you as team--
我仍然把你们视作团队伙伴
I still think of you as teammates--
如果你需要任何东西,不论什么
that if you need anything, anything at all,
直接对我说,你懂的,“嘿杰夫,我们需要你”
just say, y'know, "Hey, Jeff. We need you."
谢谢你杰夫,真心感谢你的邀请
Thank you, Jeff. Really appreciate the offer.
古老亚利桑那之夜Logo概念设计?
看起来你们马克笔用完了啊
Looks like you guys are running low on markers.
需要补充吗?
Need a refill?
谢谢你,杰夫
Thanks for the offer, Jeff.
我觉得我们还好
I think we're okay.
我..我正要去物资管理部
I-I'm headed down to supplies,
我可以顺手拿一点
I can just pick some up.
不用啦
We're all set.
我直接拿了吧,然后你们自己决定
I'll just do it, and then you can decide
要还是不要
whether you want 'em or not.
完全由你们自己决定
Your decision completely.
你现在可以离开吗?
Would you mind leaving right now?
当然
Of course.
OK 伙伴们,回见
Okay, team, talk to ya later.
远远
不止是
一个星球
.
火星点
你瞧,问题是,我仍然相信
See, the thing is, I still believe,
在创意意识领域拥有成功职业生涯的关键,
at the end of the day, building a successful career
归根结底是靠韧性
in the creative arts is about tenacity.
假如面对每个没有理解的上级
Because if I had a nickel for every supervisor
我都有所准备的话,你懂我的意思吗?
who didn't "get" it, y'know what I mean?
我跟你说过杰夫,一天只能拿一个
I told you, Jeff. One a day.
哦对对,抱歉,我只是以为
Oh, yeah, sorry. I just thought
因为我昨天没来这
since I didn't come down here yesterday,
我可以拿双份
I could double up and it would--
是啊杰夫,但是你有
Yeah, but you did, Jeff.
昨天你有来
You did come down here yesterday.